Sunday, November 21, 2010

Jocularity!!

My boys voted for a family dinner at McDonalds tonight. I complied and off we went. What ensued was pure jocularity (for some reason I cannot say this word without thinking it in my head like an old granny is chanting it over and over)

My husband remarked how our boys know what we are spelling now. Then we began to spell whole sentences and that's when things got jocular. Our boys(including the 4 yr old) tried their best to keep up but were guessing the weirdest words for what we were spelling. Then they tried to spell back at us. Then we decided we would go thru the whole dinner spelling everything and it was frustrating, enjoyable, imaginative and a learning experience. I think we may have to make this a weekly dinner game!

This is what I did for myself because it the moment I enjoyed most today and the only other thing I ma doing for myself is going ot get yucky chores done right now.

(in the granny voice) Jocularity! Jocularity! Jocularity!

No comments:

Post a Comment