Sunday, January 30, 2011

Are you pregnant?

I'm not.

Really.

I promise.

Stop asking.

:)

But I am overweight and I do work around elementary age children so I get asked a lot.

And I mean A LOT!!!!!

This sweet little 6 yr old girl that I adore was waiting in line with me for the bathroom this week. Right when it was my turn to go in she says, "Wait!" grabs my stomach and says with the sweetest smile and most excited voice, "Is there a baby in there?" A quickly smiled, said "No" and rushed in to the bathroom so I could miss the inevitable follow up question that 6 yr olds always have, "Then why is your tummy so big?"

It doesn't bother me......that much :( I am trying to look at it as motivation every time I don't want to work out or start craving bread. This morning I was biking with my dog and for some reason it just kept running through my head, the scores of children that have asked me if I was pregnant.

So today I am getting my vindication and asking everyone who reads this (that's right all 7 of you) Are you pregnant?

Don't worry I won't ask the followup question :)

Hope you all have a great non-pregnant day, I know I plan to.

Why? Because I am not pregnant.

4 comments:

  1. Well....my adorable daughter has asked me that question recently as I have gained a little bit of weight in my tummy area....UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny. Dallas just asked me this yesterday. He asks me every month(that time of the month) It must be a 6 and 7 year old thing;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. B-
    I get asked that all the time from students as well! It's one of those moments I tap their head and say "aren't you cute!" but in my head think, I am going to skip lunch today! ...ha! kiddding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know it's not just me :)

    Thanks for commenting ladies!

    ReplyDelete