Saturday, December 25, 2010

We had a moment.

My son stood on a chair with his arm around my shoulders and sang "Angels We Have Heard on High" with me as loud as he could at the Christmas Eve Service tonight.

I am not ashamed to say I shed a tear.

Or ten.

He and I rarely see eye to eye and I often misunderstand him and don't give him enough credit. He is an amazing boy, a leader who is full of adventure, spunk and grand ideas. He is also full of mischief, likes to test his boundaries and was never one for rules.

He challenges me.

Tonight he gave me one of the most precious moments I can remember as of yet in my adventures in motherhood. When the song was done he sat in my lap and snuggled with me while he listened to the story of Jesus birth and it's importance.

He is 6, our oldest son, and has always been very independent. I am not sure if he will ever know the present he gave me tonight.

p.s. The other twin snuggled his daddy and sang the songs occasionally. He really enjoyed the coloring book they provided :) Our young one fell asleep on the way to church and slept the whole service. They both gave me many precious moments too.

I love Christmas, I love Jesus and I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment