Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rain=murky water=sharks=no beach

Still overcast and randomly rainy which means the beach was a no go yesterday. We had a friend over for the morning and then ran errands in the afternoon and had a star wars themed dinner at home.

I think I am cancelling activity week.

The train set came out which has been a source of immense joy and foot pain. First time we've set it up upstairs, so far so good but we'll see.

It was a Lego Christmas so I am now on a mission to reorganize the lego collection. thinking it's time to give them their own built in area of our house as I don't see the boys lego habit going away anytime soon. I'm sure you'll hear more on this project.

Halfway through this post I just remembered what I was going to blog about, my dog. Guess I'll save it for tomorrow.

I'll finish this post off with more random info.

I missed a work meeting today, I am on vacation and left my planner at work on accident so I did not remember. I was going to check work email on break but the info for how to log in was in my planner too. Now I am left horribly embarrassed and behind, it put a big damper in my day :(

We went to $5 movie Tuesdays in Lahaina today and saw Gullivers Travels. It was funny. It did not stick close to the book or tv mini series. It was inappropriate for my children to watch and we had to discuss this afterwards since I took them without checking the reviews first.

Tonight the twins best friend is spending the night for the first time. They have been ecstatic since yesterday. The old twin checked his watch at least 40 times today to see if it was time for the friend to arrive yet. They schemed and planned and scheduled out the entire event. It started with trains, moved into lego building, then kung zhu and tent building, quick dinner, pj's and into the tent. They brought books and flashlights into the tent and managed to stay awake for 2.5 hours reading and talking about everything imaginable. they are asleep now with the plan to play lego rockband on the wii as soon as they awake in the morning until the friends dad arrives to pick him up.

I need to go to bed now because I have to get up every hour during the night to check and make sure they are all ok outside in the tent. I get a little paranoid but I try to be the cool parent so I hide the crazy til they sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment