Monday, December 20, 2010

Oops, I did it again.

I played with your heart, got lost in the game.

Wait, that's not where I was going with that...I forgot to post again yesterday. I blame it on my computer because it is in the garage and yesterday was an idyllic family extravaganza sort of day, not a garage sort of day.

I got up when my alarm went off at 5 (and remembered why I set it for 5). Got up and walked out to a mostly clean room with a lit up christmas tree. It was so festive and quiet and pleasant and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing.

Then I began baking cookies, really yummy cookies. While they baked i cleaned some more and just generally enjoyed a few moments to myself before my children woke up. I was pounding chocolate and accidentally woke up my husband (I figured everyone were heavy enough sleepers to sleep through me pounding the counter top with a hammer, guess I figured wrong) who was sick, that was no bueno. My sons were up by a little past 6 and were so excited to see me baking, They threw on their aprons and chef hats and set to work helping me. We had cookies and the most delicious hot chocolate I have ever had in my life for breakfast (I promised to make up for it by making them eat veggies for breakfast the next morning)

By 8am the baking was done, the house was clean, everyone was dressed appropriately and fed. It was an idyllic morning. Except for the part where my husband was super sick. At 8am I left the boys with my sister and took him to the doctor. The fact that he actually went to see a doctor (this is rare) still helped to make it into a nice nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment