Saturday, December 18, 2010

I finally did it!

When I decided to start this blog, 41 posts ago, I had visions of things I would do to find "me time". 41 posts later I have done none of those things, until today, sort of.

It wasn't the great early morning jog with my dog that I envisioned but it was as close as I will get for now.

Preface: Last night I told my husband I was going to take the dog for a walk in the morning so if the boys got up he needed to turn on the tv for them and make sure they stayed in our room til I got back. I then put on my exercise clothes to sleep in so there would be no excuses come morning time.

My alarm went off at 5am and I kept hitting snooze because I couldn't remember why it was set so early (despite the fact that I was sleeping in exercise clothes).

At 6:50 I heard my boys getting up, cursed a little in my head and drug myself out of bed. I let the dog out of their room and made my way to the front porch to walk the dog without saying a word to anyone. My sons proceeded to wander the house yelling for both me and the dog. I ignored the noise and set off down the driveway pretending I couldn't hear the youngest one at the screen door screaming, "Leia is with mommy brother, I can see them. Go get them!"

My dog sucks at walking on a leash so we battled it out a little but I quickly found my groove. I turned on my mp3's on my phone (realizing that I need headphones because maybe not everyone loves "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" as much as I do) and walked as fast as I could push myself down the walkway around the waterway and back home. (then I realized I needed new walking shoes)

So, I did it! I spent 30 glorious minutes where I was not on call to anyone or anything and just got lost in myself for a bit. It was outstanding and if I can convince my husband it may become a regular thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment