Thursday, November 18, 2010

I wore leggings!

Think of me what you will but that is what I did for myself today.

For me to wear leggings is a big deal! I don't think I have since I was 5 or 6 years old. I openly mock those that do. Every time I go clothes shopping with my sister I tease her mercilessly about her affection towards leggings.

That being said, I own a pair. I bought them for a costume that didn't work out. When I got up this morning my clothing needs consisted of the requirements that I be able to go to work in them, run errands in them and nap in them comfortably. This ruled out the majority of my wardrobe. I saw the leggings and on they went with a tunic dress. All day I felt sort of funky cool and I could easily nap in it (and I did!) which can't generally be said for dresses (risk of exposure is a real issue).

So, I officially apologize for my mocking and also officially embrace the leggings wearing community. I see where you're coming from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment