Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I tried to read, it didn't work out.

Well, I got home today and thought I better do something for myself now, this evening is packed!

I saw the Costco Connections magazine on the table, picked it up and squirreled myself away in the master bath to read it. My kids were constant interrrupters and barge-on-inners for the first few pages so I sighed and brought it out to the dining room. I made sure they were all busy and content doing homework, eating candy etc.. and tried again. There were less interruptions, and I tried really hard to ignore them, but that just made the interruptions more intrusive. As one of my sons stuck his face between mine and the magazine, I gave up. It was a 30 page magazine, half of which were ads and I just couldn't do it. Reading to myself was not going to work out at this particular moment in my day.

This is one of the many reasons I struggle to carve out "me time", my children do not want to live in a world where that could possibly exist. Also, sometimes I am really lazy. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment