Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I stayed home

Well, my son was puking again last night. I knew he would have to stay home from school today, there is this rule of thumb that you need to be puke free for 24hrs before you are around other people. This is a fact I learned solely because I have children. I kind of wish I didn't know this fact. But, that is beside the point. The point is, one of my roommates offered to watch my son, puking and all. My husband could have taken a sick day if I had asked him to. He could have come to work with me and slept in my office. But I denied all these options and stayed home.

I am going on a week and a half of being slightly under the weather. It's exhausting but I push through because I have this illusion that I can do it all. So, it sounds terrible, but I was a little bit happy when he started puking last night. I knew instantly that I would call in sick and I would lay around and take care of him while also taking care of myself today. I can now officially report that I am slightly less exhausted, so I think staying home counts as what I did for myself today.

P.S. My son also appears to be doing better, here's hoping for a puke free night!

No comments:

Post a Comment