Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Mommy, I am puking."

That was the sweet little voice with the sad news that woke me up at 1:30am this morning.

As is the case with most times my family gets sick, I was forced to change all my plans and switch my focus. I did more for myself and my family today than I sometimes do in a week. We had a lot of bonding time, I got a lot of chores done, we worked on my sons school work, we had great talks, I did a sewing project and so much more. We did deal with a lot of puke and we did miss a very good friends birthday party but today was still a pretty good day.

For myself, I took a short nap (it would have been longer but my oldest son dropped a table on my head). But todays time was family time and it felt really good (despite us all feeling soooo bad)

No comments:

Post a Comment